I know lame headline. But this story from North Carolina offers an interesting way to rehabilitate criminals. Give them a wrench. Basically the state penal system is using the Saving Cars Behind Bars program to mirror similar ideas in other states like Nevada, Georgia and Maine. The prisoners have the opportunity to learn a valuable skill and work on real projects while incarcerated. One such task involved repainting a fleet of police cars. If there were ever irony, having criminals painting police cars would have to be it.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies