The Japan Automotive Software Platform and Architecture (JASPAR) consortium gets a new member this month in Honda Motor, which will help to finally establish some damn standards for Japanese automotive electronics. The companies hope that by working together they can collectively reduce costs and soon create a single global standard after strong-arming their European counterpart AUTOSAR, helmed by big dogs BMW, DaimlerChrysler and Volkswagen. Honda is reported to be funneling beer as I write this, and as soon as they're done they are charged with TPing the Provost's office, naked.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies