As part of the Japanese car company's turnaround of paying back $10 billion, yes that's billion, in debt, Mitsubishi will make the Lancer Evolution MR it's halo vehicle. Wait? What was that? An Evo as the halo vehicle…where have I heard that suggestion? It seems everyone, including Autoblog, is on the same page as far as what Mitsubishi can be proud of, and the new MR will undoubtedly receive as much acclaim as past version, even with those weird Vortex fins on the rear. Mitsubishi U.S. chief Finbarr O'Neill has been reassuring dealers and has implemented a 5-year/60,000 warranty on virtually the entire car and 10-year/100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain. He might be able to sell that faster than the "We are fun to drive, and we want to sell to people who want to be a little bit different," angle, even if it's true.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies