California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, that still sounds weird, signed a bill Thursday that opens up carpool lanes on highways to hybrid vehicles, even if they have a single driver. One of the bills detractors was Bill Ford, chairman of Ford Motors, who said the legislation was basically a "buy Japanese bill" since, as of now, the only cars that would be allowed in the lane are the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid. Another interesting tidbit is that there are a lot of dissenters saying this will clog carpool lanes and generally tick off those that actually go through the pain in the ass of organizing car pools.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models