Attention Porsche loyalists: The Cayenne's stong sales, along with currency hedging, is the main impact behind the Germany car company turning a profit. The 13 percent gain in the second half of the year is mainly due to strong sales of the high-powered SUV while sales of the aging Boxster and 911 declined. It seems the SUV has served as the perfect stopgap as the company readied the new versions of their popular sports cars. I guess if you have a small enough line-up its not too hard to formulate a solid strategy for success.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies