Pontiac's website traffic grew eightfold after popular talk show host Oprah gave away 276 cars to her audience. Autoblog posted one of the first stories on Oprah's Pontiac G6 giveaway on Monday and yesterday USA Today featured the story on its front page. All the free publicity (if you call giving away 276 $28,000 cars free) seems to be working for the GM arm looking to give a boost to the G6 which replaces the popular Grand Am this fall. There will be "follow up" segments on Oprah and Pontiac will also feature the car on the upcoming "Survivor" series on CBS.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video