If you've got a Ford Econoline van, you may want to think twice about trying to stop it by using the brakes because, what do you know, they could catch on fire. Apparently the antilock brake system on 2003 and 2004 models is prone to overheating, but vans made after November 2003 are cool as cucumbers. There have been no wrecks or injuries to report, and Ford says the risk of fire is tiny, and that even if the antilocks fail, the regular binders will still get the job done. Even so, if you're currently pimping an Econoline, I'd recommend stopping by coasting gently into nearby barricades and/or woodland glades until the issue is remedied.
I guess my church group trip to see The Brown Bunny will be canceled: 234,208 Ford Econoline vans recalled
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models