A Tustin, CA gas station recently offered fuel at the ridiculously low price of $1.67 a gallon due to underwriting provided by The Main Place Christian Fellowship, located next to the station. Main Place raised $5,000 for the event, enough to cover the 40-cent difference when compared to normal prices for 12,000 gallons. They only spent half of what they raised, so they are planning another festival of self-promotion for September. According to the church's youth director, "This is a practical way to show Jesus' love and meet the needs of the community." Yellow-clad church members manned (and womanned) the station, handing out bottled water, washing windows and passing out religious literature that was later used to wipe oil from various dipsticks.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies