21-year-old Andrew Frow was killed Thursday after the solar-powered car he was piloting spun out of control, crossed into an oncoming lane and was hit by a minivan on an Ontario highway. Frow was driving the vehicle as part of a solar car tour, promoting alternative methods of harnessing energy. The impact destroyed the car and Frow was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. The road was closed and investigated afterward, and it still has not been determined what caused the crash, although a problem with the simplified steering unit, consisting of "basically one stick," is being scrutinized.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models