The Czech manufacturer Skoda has introduced another version of its Octavia, this time in spacious estate configuration. Six powerplant types will be available for this Europe-only hauler: 1.4 and 1.6 liter gasoline engines, 1.6 FSI and 2.0 FSI direct-injection gasoline engines, and 1.9 and 2.0 liter diesels. There's plenty of gearchange equipment to choose from as well, with regular five and six-speed manuals, a six-speed automatic, and a six-speed DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) for the diesels. The Skoda Octavia estate will debut at the Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris in September, and we can all hope that VW (Skoda's parent company) brings some of this terrific engine technology to U.S. shores soon, because we're all getting sick and tired of waiting.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models