Insurance companies playing big brother with a type of black box isn't a novel idea. In fact we were talking about it very recently. Now two companies are actually going to test the technology to try and lower rates for their customers. The biggest name is Progressive that will start testing in Minnesota later this month. The best part about Progressive's system is that after driving with the box customers can attach it to their computer and see the results before submitting them. That would negate any Big Brother complex. Kudos if it works.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies