That's right as soon as the GT engines cool and production ends in two years Ford may be launching a totally new 2-seat sports car to compete against the Dodge Viper. You see the GT will only be legal to manufacture until 2007. The most likely design will be a refreshed version of the Shelby Cobra that debuted at the Detroit Auto Show last January. The new car would share a lot of parts with the GT to offset some of the extreme development costs for a model that will only see a few thousand cars roll out of the factory. Of course who knows how GT owners will feel when this new 2-seater comes out with a price around $80,000 when they just spent $140,000.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models