The Autoweek team finds the Civic Si kind of non-thrilling. It's fairly conservative, both aesthetically and power-wise. The 160-hp four cylinder is happy to rev and the gearbox is smooth, but thrust is lacking compared to almost all of its competitors in the $20,000 price range. The sporting interior appointments like steering wheel and seats are praised, and the entire crew sees the hatch as extremely dependable over the long haul, as it is, after all, a Honda. It's especially easy to lament the Si's dearth of oomph when the Type R is available for European and Asian consumption with 200-hp from the factory.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies