There are people out there that are always getting shot at. But conventional armor plating is murder on fuel economy. How can these frequent targets save the environment? Researchers in Norway recently patented a system that uses carbon fiber and thin water-filled tanks that line the car and when filled can stop high velocity rounds. When a celebrity or dignitary is not in the car the tanks are empty and weigh next to nothing. Before a risky trip to Fallujah or the Source Awards the tanks fill with water to protect passengers.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models