Those memorization defying 17-digit VIN numbers that brand every vehicle on the road are running out. There's no stocking up for future catastrophes either, automakers may have to resign to taking VIN numbers from countries that don't mass produce vehicles, like Batswana, to extend the supply of future VIN numbers. They could also reclaim numbers assigned to out of business car makers like Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Mitsubishi…oh wait scratch that last one.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models