The national average price for self-serve regular gas is now a paltry $1.94 per gallon, down 6.67 cents from the cost on June 11, and almost 13 cents from the $2.07 zenith five weeks ago. Lower oil prices have been the main factor in the welcome decline, and prices will most likely continue to freefall as OPEC production increases start next month. Saudi Arabia has started the party off right by promising to raise output by two million barrels per day, in concert with next month's observation of the U.S.'s peak driving season, which has the highest oil demand of any period during the year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies