The brand new Chrysler 300C has brought a bit of elegance to the American automaker's sedan line-up. But some tasteless customers are actually paying to add vinyl roofs to the cars, yes vinyl. It seems no matter how well you design a car someone will want to mess it up with gaudy aftermarket parts. In the past vinyl roofs were factory options, today aftermarket shops and dealerships are installing the retro look. Much like the Chrysler designers themselves I don't know quite what to say about the trend. If I had a few extra grand to spend on aftermarket parts a vinyl roof would probably be at the very bottom of my "upgrade" list. To each their own.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies