There's a bill making its way through Washington that would offer a considerable tax credit to hybrid car owners. What doesn't make sense to me is that there already is a $1500 tax credit for hybrid gas/electric owners that will be phased out and replaced by the new tax credit. The new credit only gives $1,000 for gas/electric vehicles but adds a whopping $4,000 to fuel-cell vehicles that don't even exist yet. That means if you're actually able to purchase a Prius you'll get $500 less to deduct from your taxes. Gotta love politicians.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models