The next VW Passat will break its link with Audi's A4/A6 platforms, which it is now largely based on. The engine layout will switch to a transverse-mounted situation, and numerous configurations are being considered in terms of how the power will be put to the ground, including the now expected AWD, plus a rear-drive setup borrowed from Maserati. The sketches suggest an all-around sleekening of the Passat, with a sport wagon and/or crossover to be available along with the traditional sedan.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models