A very interesting story in the Detroit Free Press takes on the fact that Californians buy far less, almost 10% less, American cars than those in the rest of the country. Toyota is the most popular brand for the snooty Californians. Only cars like the Escalade, and their "ride" status, make much of a dent in status circles. Who knew 1 in 10 vehicles sold in the US are sold in California, making the Big 3's ability to crack the market even more important.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies