In order to keep up the momentum produced by the last-generation MazdaSpeed Protégé, Mazda will soon be introducing a hopped-up version of the Mazda 3, possibly in both sedan and hatch forms. Look for a less-forgiving sport suspension, a better stereo, unnecessary exterior overstyling, and more robust power output. Speculation calls out a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine so the car can meet qualifications for several racing and rallying series. No particulars yet, so just keep those eyeballs peeled.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies