No longer shall you have to choose between house-car and house-boat, as the Terra Wind tries to be all things to all peripatetics. John Giljam, who according to his wife "has never had a single class in engineering", designed and built the thing himself, and is now making the amphibian available to crazy, rich people everywhere. For $1.2 million, the 42-foot luxury motor home, which already features a kitchen, plasma TV, bathtub and king-sized bed, will be equipped with huge inflatable pontoons that pop out of the sides of the vehicle and somehow keep it from sinking. No preparation is needed in order to take to the water— just drive down the boat ramp, and a marine transmission fulfills all propulsion duties.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies