Automotive News Europe is reporting that Mercedes is trying to rid its vehicles of all unnecessary electronics. Last year, 600 deletions were made. According to exec Stephan Wolfsried, the deletions were selected because they were "functions that no one really needed and no one knew how to use". In kinda-sorta-related news, MB recently recalled 600,000 vehicles because their Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC) software had gone haywire, and a number of issues have been plaguing the COMAND audio/sat nav system. Well then, may I suggest that if Mercedes didn't build cars with brakes and radios in the first place, perhaps these problems would not exist.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models