At one point during powertrain durability testing at the Nardo facility in Italy, the forthcoming Ford GT was moving across the Earth's surface at 205-mph. The driver called the experience "remarkably uneventful, which is a very positive outcome", considering Ford's wind-tunneled prototype displayed major lift early on, forcing exterior design changes. The GT was conducted to these speeds by its 550-hp supercharged V8, which came out of the 200+ run unscathed. Production on the GT will start this summer.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models