Audi's entry-level performance car, the A3 Sportback, will come to the United States next summer, pretty much at the same time its platform-sharing sibling, the Golf V, arrives. The A3 will only have a turbocharged 2.0-liter making 200-hp at first, but for the next model year they plan to bring the proverbial pain with a 250-hp V6 equipped with the vaunted DSG gear-changing apparatus. The car will go hatch-to-hatch with the BMW 1-series, the Volvo S40 and the Saab 9-2X, and will start at around $25,000.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies