The completely redesigned 2005 SLK finally brings a healthy dose of sport to the kompakt roadster equation, astarting with new engines, a 268-hp V6 for the SLK 350 and a robust 355-hp V8 for the SLK 55 AMG. Precise rack-and-pinion steering and a well-tuned suspension also make for a more quick-reflexed handler than the original SLK. There's still really nothing light about the car— the retractable hardtop is still there, adding weight and stealing trunk space. For the exterior: think S2000 mated with McLaren SLR. Expect to drop $48,000 for the 350, and $60,000 for the 55 AMG.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models