If you thought high gas prices would slow car sales, especially SUV sales, you'd be wrong. Reuters reports a flood of incentives from the Big 3 has fueled an increase in May sales. Both GM and Daimler Chrysler expect to see sales gains between 3-5%. Ford may see numbers around 2% higher for the month. Official numbers won't be released until after the holiday weekend, usually a big advertising ploy for car dealers. If you're in the market for a new car one source in the Reuters story simply said "(Automakers) are just giving away cars now."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models