On the occasion of its 152nd anniversary, the Polizia di Stato (Italian State Police) revealed a Lamborghini Gallardo, painted in official state colors and complete with sirens and flashing lights, that they plan to use as a police car as part of a new safety initiative along the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway. The supercar was donated to the force by the House of Sant'Agata Bolognese. It is also equipped with first aid equipment, including defibrillators, a Provida system which instantly transmits violation information as well as images to the central Polizia database, special snow tires to complement the Gallardo's permanent four wheel drive, and of course, to reel in speeders, a 500 hp 10-cylinder engine.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX